With its large, drooping leaves and unique purple flowers, the pawpaw tree is a North American native that will add a bit of the tropical look to your backyard. The cup-shaped flowers also give way to oblong edible fruit that is sweet, tasting like a mix of bananas, pineapples, and mangos.
- Produces cup-shaped purple flowers from April to May
- Yields oblong yellow-green fruit that matures to a dark brown in autumn
- Features 6"–12" leaves that provide yellow fall color
- Requires two trees to pollinate and produce fruit
- Will begin flowering and fruiting within 4–8 years, as these trees are grown from seeds