This hybrid European pear cultivar is known for its intense beauty and heavy annual crops. The yellow fruit has juicy, melting, creamy flesh with a mild flavor — excellent for canning, desserts, salads, and fresh eating. The tree typically produces ripe fruit in mid-August or mid-September.
- Produces large, smooth, shiny, round yellow fruit with a red cheek, thick skin, and flesh that is juicy and creamy with a mild flavor and a fairly fine texture
- Ripens mid-August to mid-September depending on location
- Blooms mid- to late season, with white flowers
- Requires cross-pollination with Bartlett or another European pear variety (excluding Kieffer)
- Will be delivered at a height of 3'–4' for bare-root; a height of 1'–3' for 1-gallon pot
Spacing Guide for Fruit Trees