This rabbiteye blueberry variety was named after the Alapaha River in Georgia. It produces medium-sized, firm, flavorful blueberries that ripen in late May to early June. Once planted, it bears fruit in two to four years.
- Produces medium-sized, firm blueberries with an excellent flavor
- Bears fruit in two to four years
- Requires 450-550 chill hours
- Is highly resistant to frost
- Needs to be planted near another compatible variety, such as Austin Blueberry, for pollination
Blueberry Bush Planting and Care Guide