American Cranberrybush Viburnum Viburnum opulus L. var. americanum Aiton
Cannot ship to
AK, AZ, HI
Member Price *
This durable, easy-to-grow plant will bring a variety of color to your landscape throughout the seasons. Spring flowers bloom snowy white, and the lustrous green foliage transitions to shades varying from yellow to red-purple in the fall. Bright red fruit also adorns the shrub from September through February.
- Blooms in mid- to late May, with clusters of white flowers
- Produces excellent autumn color in shades of yellow, orange, red, and red-purple
- Bears bright red fruits that serve as food for birds and other wildlife
- Makes an excellent choice for privacy screens and informal hedges
- Will be delivered at a height of 1'–1'6"
Your Tree’s Personality
The fruit serves as food for various birds and wildlife.
The American cranberrybush viburnum was introduced in 1812.
More Arbor Day Foundation Favorites