Orient Pear Pyrus communis ‘Orient’
Cannot ship to
AK, AZ, CA, HI, NY, WA
This hybrid European pear cultivar is known for its intense beauty and heavy annual crops. The yellow fruit has juicy, melting, creamy flesh with a mild flavor — excellent for canning, desserts, salads, and fresh eating. The tree typically produces ripe fruit in mid-August or mid-September.
- Produces large, smooth, shiny, round yellow fruit with a red cheek, thick skin, and flesh that is juicy and creamy with a mild flavor and a fairly fine texture
- Ripens mid-August to mid-September depending on location
- Blooms mid- to late season, with white flowers
- Requires cross-pollination with Bartlett or another European pear variety (excluding Kieffer)
- Will be delivered at a height of 3'–4'
Spacing Guide for Fruit Trees
Your Tree’s Personality
Pear orchards are considered valuable habitats for wildlife. The fruit of pear trees are attractive to birds and squirrels.
More Arbor Day Foundation Favorites