Sargent Cherry Prunus sargentii
Cannot ship to
AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, OR, WA
Member Price *
Called the “crème de la crème” of flowering cherries, the Sargent cherry offers year-round beauty. Pink blooms adorn the tree in late spring, the leaves unfurl with a purplish or bronze hue that transitions to a shiny dark green into summer and then red, orange, and bronze in the fall; and the winter landscape benefits from its attractive bark.
- Blooms in late April or early May, with pink to deep pink blossoms
- Provides great fall color in shades of red, orange, and bronze
- Requires little maintenance once established
- Produces bird and wildlife-friendly fruit
- Will be delivered at a height of 2'–3'
Your Tree’s Personality
Birds love to eat the tree’s fruit.
This tree is named after Charles Sprague Sargent, the American plant collector who discovered the species in the mountains of northern Japan in 1892.
More Arbor Day Foundation Favorites