Green Velvet Boxwood Buxus sinica var. insularis x B. sempervirens 'Green Velvet'
Cannot ship to
AK, AZ, HI, PA, TN
This boxwood hybrid combines the best characteristics of two other boxwoods — the hardiness and compactness of the Korean boxwood as well as the velvety deep green foliage of the English boxwood. It adapts to a wide range of soil conditions and keeps its color year-round, making it an appealing landscape plant.
- Grows as an evergreen, maintaining its dark green foliage year-round
- Makes a great choice for foundation, border, low hedge, specimen, accent, container, or formal garden plantings
- Adapts to many soil types
- Grows naturally in a globe shape
- Will be delivered at a height of 3"–6"
Your Shrub’s Personality
Boxwoods contain a toxic alkaloid that makes them unpalatable. As a result, deer and other wildlife tend not to eat them.
Through the years, the boxwood has been associated with formal gardens. Boxwood parterres and hedges can be seen in many of the great gardens of Europe and America. Colonial Williamsburg, especially around the Governor's Mansion, offers wonderful examples of formal boxwood use.
More Arbor Day Foundation Favorites