Scarlet Fire® Dogwood Cornus kousa 'Rutpink'
Cannot ship to
AK, AZ, HI
Click here to be notified when this tree is back in stock.
This newly developed kousa dogwood cultivar is a real springtime standout. The Scarlet Fire dogwood burst onto the landscaping scene in 2016 with blossoms in a dark pink shade yet to be achieved by other cultivars. The vibrant color has been drawing in homeowners and landscaper alike, with the added appeal of being low-maintenance as well as drought-tolerant. The Scarlet Fire dogwood is a rare find indeed.
- Features unique, dark pink to fuchsia blooms that span 4" to 5" (color is light pink for the first 1–2 years as the tree becomes well-established; best color results from placement in fertile soil and full sun)
- Blooms late May to early June
- Tolerates both drought and heat
- Is more resistant to disease than other dogwoods
- Will be delivered at a height of 2'6"–3'
Your Tree’s Personality
This kousa dogwood cultivar was developed in 2016 at Rutgers University. It took six years of cross-breeding for Dr. Thomas Molnar and his colleague John Capik to develop the ideal hybrid that boasts the rich fuchsia color and hardy resistance to common dogwood diseases.
More Arbor Day Foundation Favorites